Wednesday 2 February 2011

Gary Neville Retires

Gary Neville Retires

Manchester United defender Gary Neville has announced his retirement from football. It's believed the United legend decided that it is the right time to bow out of the game when he heard he wouldn't be included in United's 25 man squad for the champions league match at Marseille in 2 weeks.

He said: "I have been a Manchester United fan all my life and fulfilled every dream I've ever had. Obviously I am disappointed that my playing days are at an end. However it comes to us all, and it's knowing when that time is. For me, that time is now. I have played in the most incredible teams, playing with and against some of the best players in the world, and I have been lucky to be a part of the club's great success. I am looking forward to new experiences and the club will always be a part of my life. However, the most important thing is for the club to continue with the success synonymous with Manchester United."

It has been rumoured that he will take up the vacant post at Sky Sports as a pundit similar to Andy Gray but that remains to be seen.



If you like this blog please click below. Thanks.
Top Blogs