Sunday 14 November 2010

nhra



nhra


John Force grabbed his 15th NHRA funny car championship this Sunday with an against the odds, come-from-behind victory in the Auto Club NHRA Finals. Force was lagging behind Matt Hagan by 38 entering Sunday's eliminations, but Hagan was defeated by Bob Tasca in the first round, giving an opportunity to Force.

Force's second-round victory over Bob Bode clinched the title. It's the first championship for the 61-year-old Force since 2006 and the first since he suffered serious leg injuries in a crash at Ennis, Texas three years ago. "I love all the people who stood by me when I was sick," Force said. "My arms and legs are good again like I was 40. I had to get back. I couldn't let my career end with that. This means everything. It's special to me. Hagan's a great kid and has his whole life ahead of him, but my time is running out. Ford should have fired me. I sucked. But they stuck with me. This old man's legs ain't broke no more. I'm back."

So a great day for John Force who was able to get the better of much younger competitors and have his day in the sun.

If you like this blog please click below. Thanks.
Top Blogs