Monday 29 November 2010

twilight new moon book online



twilight new moon book online

New Moon (The Twilight Saga) [Mass Market Paperback]

Rescued from the vampire attack that put her in hospital at the close of Twilight (Little, Brown, 2005), Bella enjoys her birthday celebrations with boyfriend Edward and his family, a special group of vampires that has forbid themselves of Human Blood but the celebrations are cut short when Bella cuts her arm accidentally on broken glass.

The sight and smell of her blood trickling away forces the Cullen family to retreat lest they be tempted to make a meal of her. After all is mended, Edward, realizing the danger that he and his family create for Bella, sees no option for her safety but to leave. Mourning his departure, she slips into a downward spiral of depression that penetrates and lingers over her every step. Vampire fans will appreciate the subsequently dour mood that permeates the novel, and it's not until Bella befriends Jacob, a sophomore from her school with a penchant for motorcycles, that both the pace and her disposition begin to take off. Their adventures are wild, dare-devilish, and teeter on the brink of romance, but memories of Edward pervade Bella's emotions, and soon their fun quickly morphs into danger, especially when she uncovers the true identities of Jacob and his pack of friends. Less streamlined than Twilight yet just as exciting, New Moon will more than feed the bloodthirsty hankerings of fans of the first volume and leave them breathless for the third.

Amazon customer review: "So many of the reviews are more about the character's actions- I'd prefer to actually discuss the book. My sister just started high school, she's 15 and she lent New Moon and the first book, Twilight to me. Despite our age gap (I'm sixteen years older) I found them a very engaging and entertaining read. I'm glad to share these with her and I'd suggest them to anyone who is staring at a younger, somewhat mysterious female relative wondering what to buy them for Christmas.

The pacing is good. The book is a quick, satisfying read. My feeling is that the author works through scenes rather than writing in a linear fashion- and the scenes are fairly cinematic in their structure which I personally like. She gets to the point in her stories and fits a lot of action and significant detail in without overwhelming you with a density of vision.

If you're concerned about the content, as in "Is this appropriate to give my neice/cousin's kid etc" you can be assured that the romantic tension captured here is through restraint rather than exploration. Not too surprizingly this is highly seductive. Several reviews seem disappointed by the character's actions and have given fewer stars. However, I'd like to say that this book is clearly part of a larger work and we're seeing Bella at a certain point in her personal growth. It is not a conclusion novel so it doesn't feel like one. She acts like, well, a confused person in love. I think the depiction is honest and it is a good thing when a character can annoy or drive you crazy: it means you're engaged and the author has done their job well.

I'll be honest- I wasn't expecting to be drawn in, now I'm a bit annoyed I have to wait until next fall.

New Moon is the sequel to Twilight, so I'm covering both in my review. I think it could stand alone but I'd stronly recommend reading Twilight first as it really gives the foundations and 'rules' of Bella's world."

So a fascinating read for fans of fantasy thrillers and fans of the Twilight saga as a whole.




If you like this blog please click below. Thanks.
Top Blogs